Re: Re: a switch to change fuel/Air ? Ed

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 21:53:28 EDT

At 06:51 PM 7/11/00 MDT, you wrote:
>well thats just the problem, it doesnt always work good. I have gone
>through 2 in the last three months, so i wanted to just put in a switch and
>not have to worry about the sensor. do you know if the O2 sensor is
>constantly changing fuel air ??

The O2 sensor sends a voltage to the computer depending on how much
oxygen it 'measures' in the exhaust gases. The PCM interprets it
to be either rich or lean. If rich, the PCM adjusts the AFR mixture
to lean (shortens the injectors' pulse widths). It then gets another
reading from the O2 sensor and computer then makes another AFR mixture
adjustment (pulse width). If motor and sensor are operating within
specs., the PCM should receive voltages representing alternating
rich/lean conditions.

Do you mind me asking how you know your O2 sensor is not working?

Bob