Re: R/T?

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 17:54:05 EDT

Damn damn damn....

Jake was right....

1978 the Lil Red Truck was introduced as a limited production screamer
using the 74-76 360 HP parts that could no longer pass emissions on a
"passenger car".

The 78 version was the badass one that did indeed hold the title of Fastest
Production Automobile of THAT year. Again no real competition.

Later versions (1979) were detuned.

Sorry! I thought I knew my histroy well enough to spout off without
checking the reference books...BTW-I've always assumed that "fastest prod
car bit" was for domestic cars? Seems like the Euro exotics could have
probably taken it??? No?

-STE