Re: All R/T'ers

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 00:28:40 EDT

Andy Levy <andylevy@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>So just because he doesn't have a "special" Dakota, but still loves and
>respects the whole family, he shouldn't come? Talk about elitist! "Why

I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. It's not about being elitist,
it's about having meets for a specific type of vehicle. I'm at a loss
as to why some here are so offended that a group of people who own the
same vehicle want to have a list and meets.

>would you want to come?" Um, to hang out with other Dakota owners and
>check out some bitchin' street machines? It isn't about how many wheels
>move the truck, it's about meeting people and checking out hot rides.

Okay, then why not let Ram owners come to the Dakota meets. Caravan
owners too. After all, they may want to check out street machines,
meet people and check out hot rides. Do you think other Dodge vehicle
owners get bent out of shape because Dakota owners have their own
group and meets? After all, they own Dodge vehicles too, why are the
Dakota owners so elitist? This is the same argument, only a different
set of owners.

>Bob Tom brought his truck (not an R/T but definitely a racer) to Jon's
>BBQ and I'm pretty sure he had a good time. As did Jim Knox. And Jon
>was driving an old beater Ram, not his Dakota. Are you denying that you

I went to the DML meet in Virginia and had a blast. So did some other
R/T owners. There are Dodge meets, Dakota meets, and Dakota R/T
meets. Each one is more specialized than the previous one. Having a
Dakota R/T meet is no more elitist against other Dakota owners than a
Dakota meet is against other Dodge owners.

>wouldn't be interested in riding along on a 4x4 trek? You're more than
>welcome to ride along in a spare seat at a 4x4 meet as far as I'm
>concerned. It's just as much fun as driving.

Yes, I'm sure that would be a blast. But I would not bring my R/T and
expect to participate in the activities with it.

>Just because your particular truck can't do the "featured event" doesn't
>mean you aren't allowed to have interest in what's going on. I'm going
>to Carlisle next year but I won't be entering my truck in any contests.
>I'll be there to see what everyone else brings and hang out with
>DML'ers.

No one has said a non-R/T owner can't join in a R/T meet as a
spectator, just as I would be a spectator at a 4x4 event.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC