Re: R/T?

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 16:14:52 EDT

My memory on the Warlock and LRE stuff was that in 76 Dodge began
experimenting with "sporty" truck packages in California. There was the
Midnight Express and the True Spirit. They were successful so the Warlock
package was made available nationwide. I saw a listing once too for a
Macho package. No idea about that one!

These were all basically cosmetic packages. I think you could the Warlock
with either a /6 or a V8.

Then somebody got the idea that they could upgrade the GVWR on a short
stepside Dodge truck and thus get around the EPA. The 74-76 360-4v HP (or
as some would call it an E58 police motor) was put in the truck which
required no cats in a "heavy duty" truck! The result was a fast truck!
And apparently a very very loud one! The Little Red Express...

-STE