re:DML:Throttle Postion Sensor??? Weird WOT Performance...?

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 21:35:04 EDT

Greg,if the truck acts like it`s taking off in too high a gear,someone
on this list has had a valve body TSB done for that.I believe this
problem occurs when you take off from a stop,and the truck will not go
above like 2000 rpm or so,then it slowly begins to build up rpm as you
get moving.I didn`t see in your post which engine/trans. you have,but I
have a similar problem with my 3.9 auto,although my truck does NOT
appear to have a shifting problem.It will hit the rev limiter on a hard
launch,so I know it`s not missing 1st.Only problem is,I don`t really
accelerate,it just bogs down,until it reaches 3 grand,and even then it
just pulls slightly.Also "sags" while at cruising speed.Also has a
sulfur smell all the time.So I`m thinking engine-related on mine.Let me
know what you find!!! I am in no-mans land with mine,juggling between
two local 5-star dealers who can`t see a problem. Steve P.