Re: Fuel filter WAS if you get 17mpg.......

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 22:26:02 EDT

> Hold the phone. I just checked my Haynes manual. I have to drop the
> gas tank to change the filter!?
>
> Hmmm...if I gotta drop the tank anyway, I wonder if it'd be possible to
> put in, say a 25 gallon (or larger) tank.

You are correct, you have to drop the tank. Fortunately for myself, Dodge
put the fuel filter on the inner driver's frame rail, which gets
attached/detached with hose clamps. It is a 10 minute replacement job. I
think the fuel filter went to a in-the-tank style in late 94-95. I have
dropped the tank 3 times or so and it is also fairly easy, takes about 15-20
minutes to get it down.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6