newguy: 318 performance how am i doing?

From: Rkrebs27@cs.com
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 00:14:51 EDT

Just want to hear how i compare to other 318s and R/Ts I have a 93 regular
cab auto,3.55 gears(open) with 127,000 miles. so far i've installed a Mopar
computer(biggest performance gain) removed muffler installed 3 inch straight
pipe after converter,(loud and don't sound so good but cheap)48% reduction
crank pulley,shift kit,K&N filter stock air cleaner housing (removed baffle
in front of radiator) with drag radials(wore out and too tall 275x60x15)
the best I've run is 9.21 at 77 mph in the 1/8 mile at about 80 degrees 60 ft
is 2.1 (feels like bogging probably from too tall of tires and 3.55 gears) I
also have a Grand National with a 190,000 miles that runs 8.26 at 84 but
thats another story. the fastest R/T i,ve seen run is 9.6 at 74 mph with
K&N and Flowmaster exhaust, with a homemade ram air so I think I'm doing ok.
Please let me know and I always appeciate cheap performance tips cause I stay
broke most of the time. Thanks for your time. Richard