Re: 1" colored wire conduit

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 18:26:23 EDT

    I have looked for the same thing, Kevin ... but in blue. To the best
of my (limited) knowledge, no one makes 1" convoluted tubing.
    I picked up some small packages at a local speed shop just to see
how it was going to look. I found that 3/4" would work on quite a bit
1" applications. There were some places where I took two pieces
of 3/4" tubing and pain-stakingly wrapped from both sides. It looks
pretty good as long as the grooves line up. I then took some Taylor
color zip ties (Jeg's p/n 720-4222G for 4" yellow) and cinched
everything together.
    Something else you could do if you're ambitious is to take the stock
black tubing completely off (cutting all the electrical tape as you go)
and replace with your 3/4" tubing. There should be plenty of room in
the 3/4" for all the wires. Hope this helps ;-)

Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/dakota.htm