Re: 4Wheeling: Tire Pressure

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 18:43:44 EDT

> Well, the lake where I 4 wheel is only a couple miles from my house. So I
don't
> worry about getting back up to highway pressures for that. But, I've had
mine
> down as low as 2-3 psi with no problems while running through deepass
sand.

Whoa......2-3 PSI?????? And you didnt break a bead? I am not sure I would
ever run my Daks tires down that low, especially with the huge loss of
ground clearance that would create. But thanks, it is good knowledge to
know. I maybe maybe see running a tire that low on a lighter vehicle(Zuki or
a Jeep) but I would be way tooooo nervious about bending a rim and popping
the tire off its bead. Once again, thanks for the info.

By the way...here is a good and interesting article on 4WD tire pressure:
http://4x4now.com/sfjun96.htm
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6