RE: ebay FSM's (Norah)

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 20:25:19 EDT

    When I re-read my email, I knew that I had made the mistake about
not clarifying my statement about buying in Canada and I sincerely
apologize for raising your gander, Norah.
    What I was referring to was that on eBay, people are leary of buying
products which are not shipped from the US. This is based solely on my
opinion that either they don't trust the mail system, or they don't want to
buy out of the US out of shear ignorance.
    I experienced no problems with money, taxes or anything else related.
This is not the first time nor the last I have bought out of the US. As a
matter of fact, we purchased an antique pull chain toilet handle from
Great Britain with out any problems through eBay.
    Lastly, rest assured that I did not mean anything derogitory towards
Canada and her people. I have relatives in Canada (although we lost
touch a long time go) and have been visiting Canada since I was a young
child growing up in Maine. I have had nothing but pleasant experiences
in Canada and actually pine to go back sometime soon.
    I hope this explains my earlier statement, but if it doesn't, please
email
me off list and I will sincerely try to clarify more. Take care and again,
please accept my apologies.

Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/dakota.htm