T-stat & spark plug upgrade/install

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@Roushind.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 10:44:39 EDT

Okay I know it's been talked about for a while but I just want to make sure I have everything ready before I start my t-stat upgrade, and plug change.

T-stat: I'm replacing my stock t-stat with a Jet Performance 180' t-stat. I hope this will compliment performance with the new Mopar Performance PCM. I'm planning on siphoning out the rad fluid from the rad tube that goes to the t-stat. Then I'll unbolt the t-stat from the block and remove it and replace it with the new one. Bolt it back up and then replace the rad fluid. Does this sound right? Is there anything else I should worry about? Is there going to be gasket debris that I'll need to scrape off...I only have 8,000 miles on my D?

Plugs: I'm replacing the stock plugs with Autolite 3923's. I also picked up some dielectric grease. How much dielectric grease should I use, if any, when putting the stock wire boots back on the plugs. Also, for those that use Autolites with the stock ignition, what gap are you using? Are you using the gasket that comes with the plug?

I want to do a complete ignition upgrade, but want to see what the 3923's will do for me by themselves first. I'm going to Milan dragway tomorrow, that's why I want to make sure I have everything correct, since I won't have time before racing.

Chuck
'00 Flame Red Durango SLT+
5.9L, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, R/T wheels (Goodyear Eagle GT II 275/60/R17)
2.5" Dynomax Magnum Race Series cat back exhaust
Quick-D T-body & intake
Mopar Performance PCM
Lund Eclipse 4 door window vents custom painted by Caribbean Customs
best 1/4 mile (stock): 16.08 @ 84 mph
www.geocities.com/papa_c_d/
cewyma@roushind.com