180 t-stat and dealer service?

From: Ryan Rodgers (rodgers_ryan@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 14:46:34 EDT

I have been thinking about putting a 180 t-stat in my 4.7, with 3100 miles
on it now. But, I have one question before doing so? What will a dealer
think in the event of service for a recall, TSB, or any old problem. I mean
if he hooks it up to the code scanner and figures out it's running cooler
than the stock 195, would the dealer be tempted to say this voids my
warranty? Just wondering if anyone here has been given a hard time by a
dealer over something like this. I mean, I'd rather my engine run cooler,
but as 4.7 owners know, this t-stat is not exactly an easy swap (tight
location) if I should ever need to put the 195 back in for some dealer or
emission related reason.
-RMR