Re: R/T has no power ?

From: Gmblows@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 22:17:08 EDT

I have not heard the mopar R/T cam referred to as one of the
purple cams. Was the cam you had installed a roller cam?
Also, is the open element filter big enough to keep up with
the motor?

<< DML - ever since i purchased my 1999 dakota r/t cc , I have been very
 disappointed with the level of performance . So I added a mopar purple
 camshaft , mopar headers and a Jet performance modual . I also had the T.B
 bored and streamlined at a local performance shop and added a open element
 air cleaner with a K&N filter. According to my butt dyno , I notice very
 little difference , and Im only getting through the 1/4 mile in 15.3 sec.
 someone please tell me what im doing wrong !!!!

 Barry Smith , Ontario Canada