reply from DC about front brakes

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 13:06:32 EDT

Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail us with your comments about the brake design on the Dakota trucks. We appreciate your feedback and constructive criticism.

While you have certainly had brake concerns and repairs with your vehicle, the brake system and design of the Dakota, in general, has been successful, with relatively few complaints from our customers, dealers and engineers. The brake system was designed for this particular truck, and it more reflective of safety and automotive engineering than any other factor. As such, the design from 1997 remains relatively unchanged.

Thanks again for your e-mail. The time and effort you took to communicate your opinion is appreciated. It is helpful in providing the greatest possible satisfaction for customers.

Paul Oster
Senior Staff Representative
DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center