front brakes

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 14:48:19 EDT

Thanks guys for replying.

I'll have to pull the fronts again to double-check, but I don't
remember there being any slides allowing the outboard pad to float.
What I remember is seeing the outboard pad held in place by a
bracket that is in fact part of the caliper casting itself. I may be
mistaken of course, but it sure didn't look anything like any other
front brake system I've ever seen before. The brakes I've seen have
the outer pad located by the slides. I remember my outer pad being
rigidly attached to the caliper body itself, which is bolted rigidly to
the truck. I'll pull the fronts and take another look, since it's time
for my annual rotor replacement anyways ;-)

-kevin