Re: 2001 Dakotas

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 01:21:42 EDT

I was up for graduation, I looked out for you at Cheel when they were
calling names but must have been asleep. I think I parked next to you
(or a space over) at some point that weekend. Where are you working?

Honestly, had I known the QC was coming, and didn't need a truck when I
did, I probably would have waited for it. You simply cannot put normal
adult human beings in a CC, with a few exceptions (I know a few women
who would likely fit, at least behind the passenger side). I don't
carry more than myself 99% of the time, but when I do need to move
people, it's a terrible pain. Last time I had 4 people in my truck was
to see SW: TPM and the 2 tallest people (aside from me) ended up in the
back. They were not happy back there. It'd also be more convenient for
large grocery runs; right now it's a balancing act to see just how much
I can get on the front seat and in the footwell.

You can get the MSRP on a loaded (or however you want to configure it)
QC from http://www.4adodge.com/ but be careful! You may have a heart
attack. You can save $1000 or so by getting a stick, but then you have
to order and can only get the 4.7L or the V6 - and really, I think you
want to go with a V8 to motivate that QC. Ed The Neighbor had his
brand-new (4000 miles!) QC on the trails at Jon's; 4.7L w/ stick and it
did much better than I thought it would. Rode very nice as well (I rode
with him on the second trail run).

My personal opinion on electronic transfer cases (in general) is: gimme
a real lever! We discussed it a bit at Jon's. Something about having
that physical link engaging the 4WD makes me feel better. Fewer places
for something to go wrong, for one. My brother's '94 Jimmy got stuck in
4WD for a few months when the solenoid that engages the front hubs
burned out in the "engaged" position. He's got push-button 4WD. I'm
sure they've advanced since then. I still prefer the idea of a manual
lever. But I'm also someone who tries to avoid using a mouse in Windows
as much as he possibly can.

How do you like Albany Dodge? I don't think I talked to anyone there
when I was shopping. I bought my Dakota at DeNooyer (just up the road)
and my father bought his Durango there as well. I've only been there
twice for service, he's been there about the same I think, and we both
were very, very happy with both the salesmen and the overall quality of
service we were given.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@bigfoot.com ------------------------------------------------------------- "I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now..." --- Steve Wright -------------------------------------------------------------