RE: R/T shift points

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 09:37:28 EDT

Hi,

    I seem to remember awhile back, when everyone was getting JET chips for
their R/T's, that alot of people noticed lowered shift points with the JET
installed.

    As far as performance goes, I've got two recommendations.

# 1 - Get rid of that JET chip and pick up a MOPAR Computer. I tried the JET
a few months ago and it caused all sorts of problems. I'm sending my
computer off to CA next week to get a more aggressive program than the MOPAR
flashed into mine.

# 2 - You need to get cooler air into the engine. The open element is great
when its fairly cool outside, but in warmer weather it really sucks. I've
got one on my truck now and my IAT sensor is reading 150 degrees! Try either
the Kenne Bell or K&N Cold Air kits. I'm going to try another K&N kit on my
truck next week while my computer is gone and see if I can get it to fit
right.

Hope this helps,

Doug Myers

'99 Dakota RC/SB 318/5-speed/3.92SG
Accel Supercoil, MP 7.5mm Plug Wires, Brass Cap & Rotor, Turbo City Dual
Inlet Air Tube, 180 Degree Thermostat, MP Cam/Lifters/Valve
Springs/Retainers, MP Double Roller Timing Chain, MP Headers, MP Cat-Back,
BFG 275/60R15's, Continental Hard Tonneau

>>My 1999 r/t cc shifts from 3rd to 4th at 4800 rpm . Does that sound right
,
>>it seems low to me !
>>
>>Driving at 135 km hr I tromp on it and the tranny won't downshift into
4th
>>, the engine just seems to bog and picks up speed slowly . Why ?
>>
>>B.smith 1999 R/T cc
>>
>>Mods include : cam
                        mopar headders
                        open air element