Re: 4X4 transfer case drain plug

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 18:20:57 EDT

> I have a 95 dakota 4x4 5.2 and was curious if anyone knew what size wrench
I need to remove the transfer case drain plug. That thing is huge and the
biggest size I have is 1 1/8".

Mark,
That would be a 30MM wrench. On mine, I cant get a socket/ratchet or
anything else back there due to the frame crossmember which runs about 1/2"
behind the tcase. If you are doing a fluid change, let me know.......I have
some extremely good pointers and recommendations. Freebie: Use ONLY 7176
ATF+3 in the tcase.
 Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6