RE: I got a dak finally.

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 22:26:11 EDT

> i got a 98 v6 5spd cc black/black dak. wH00!
> even with only a v6 it's fun as hell to drive. i raced an
> R/T the second
> day i had it...needless to say i lost pretty bad. he was stopped at a
> redlight and as soon as it turned green i was going under it
> at 20mph in
> first (i know when that particular light turns since i drive
> under it 4 or 6
> times a day) and i didn't get but a truck length and a half
> past it before
> the rt was next to me :) oh well, i was asking for it. :)

Sounds nice! Cool another v6 with a 5spd no less!!! You should've known
better to jack with an R/T unless you had work done.

> i noticed that my rev limiter doesn't work. i hit 5k trying
> it out today...
> plus the truck will only get up to 110, no farther. not
> limited, but it
> just won't pull anymore. i'm thinking it has something to do with the
> rattling catalytic converter which is being fixed monday
> hopefully(it's
> still under original warranty, 25k miles, that's cool). it
> rattles when i
> first take off, and at work today i pulled it over a bay(i
> work at a quick
> lube) and bumped the cat and something inside banged around.

Nothing wrong with the truck, you just hit the speed limiter (110-115mph).
No way around it unless you get some custom computer work done. Common
problem with us 6'ers.. Not much in the way of aftermarket goodies.. But for
me there are not many places for me to hit 110 (or need to) so I'm not too
worried about it. Yeah if the kitty rattles it has to be replaced. Since
the cat went bad, you may want to replace the o2 sensor (or at least test
it).

Greg
95 Dakota Sport CC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ