RE: Finally--a working computer!!!

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 10:56:20 EDT

> Compaq makes nice business PCs. Home PCs, don't bother. HP is almost
> in the same league there.

Compaq makes garbage! Even their servers aren't worth the money anymore...
Take any Dell/HP and put it against the same equipped Compaq, and the
Dell/HP systems will walk all over the Compaq performance wise. Buying a
Compaq is like buying a Chevy... ;-) Crappy performance, crappy service, and
just a crappy product.For laptop's the IBM Thinkpad's are the one to
uy( their desktops leave much to be desired). You can't kill them (I know I
own 3 of them TP701CS, TP365XD, & TP760XD).. As always you get what you pay
for. Yes I very opinionated, but I work with all these machines
everyday(plus Sun,& SGI) so I get to play and see who's cool, and who sucks.

Greg
95 Dakota Sport CC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ
ICQ: 283886