Re: Draining the Rear Dif Fluid (Help)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 13:33:02 EDT

> At the risk of sounding stupid (shut up Greg) how do I drain my Rear
> Diff Fluid????? Theres no drain plug. Just a rubber cap type deal. I
> take it thats the "full indicator" but how do I get the old stuff
> out....crack the lower cover bolts?

Bob,
One of two ways:
#1: Siphon out the old fluid with a fluid pump. $15 at most auto part
stores. This WILL NOT get out all the fluid nor will you have a chance to
clean out the magnet nor wil you be able to clean everything.
#2. Take off the diff cover bolts and take the diff over off.

If you opt for the latter one, #2, let me know and I will tell you
everything you need to do do ensure a leak proof seal and how the do a good
clean job.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6