Drag Racing in Columbus, OH

From: Yllwdkta@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 14:14:23 EDT

Let me tell you first of all don't laugh. This was the very first time I
have ever raced. And the first time to try and take my truck to its limits.
It was the "Night Under Fire" (jet cars and stunt men) at the local drag
strip (were Mopar Nats. will be held). OK now that I have informed you of a
little about this event. One of the guys at work was doing the starts and
another runs Super Pro Bikes so I got some help on how to run. OK, a little
about my truck. I have 99 RC V-6 manual. My first time trial I could not
get my truck to stop spinning through 2nd gear. So needles to say I didn't
do good. My 2nd was a better run but I was asleep at the tree. The 3rd was
a little better run but still asleep. Then I went into the round 1 and red
bulb (by 1 one-hundredth of a second) and took it easy so I didn't do to much
damage. Well, its not about winning its about having fun. By the way if I
would have made it to 2nd round I would have been running in front of 3-4
thousand people. That sucks. Oh well, I had a lot of fun. I plan on going
out on a Friday since its just time trials to improve my times.

The fastest run I had was 17.248 with a .912 light @ 77.45 mph. My goal was
to get in the 16.'s. With that run I could easily make it into the 16's if I
cut my light down.

Don't worry I covered the DML decal in the back so I wouldn't embarrass
anyone <grin> I will work on this problem. I did beat 2 Ferd F150's and a
Ferd Ranger. THAT'S ALL THAT COUNTS RIGHT :)

If you want to get the rest of my times I will prist them on my web page in a
couple days or email me and I will give you my times.

Tim
http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/yllw/dkta