Air Compressor Question......

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 01:13:01 EDT

Hey Kyle. Nice Bday present!!! Those V-Twin Craftsmans are obnoxiously loud
but there aren't many, if any, single stage compressors that will deliver the
volume of air that those things do. The size of the tank doesn't drive tools.
Just the CFM output of the pump. In any case. that V-twin will drive all 1/2"
impact wrenches, most orbital sanders, ratchets and even sandblaster's rather
nicely. If you go with any 110 compressor you can drop the sandblaster and the
sanders from the list. I would suggest doing your best to get 220 to where
you need the compressor. I don't know where you live or what your local elec.
codes are, but buying some 10 guage Romex that can just be directly buried
ain't too expensive. And you can run a circuit out that way if it's allowed in
your area. Worth a try maybe.... I ran wiring and went through an extensive
compressor research regimen a couple years ago, so if you have more questions
you can email me directly.

-- Kyle wrote --