Re: How do I get that R/T sound?

From: Ohm347@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 18:36:11 EDT

In a message dated 07/24/2000 3:08:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
andylevy@bigfoot.com writes:

<< I think the R/T has a Gibson cat-back (not sure though). It's
 definitely not a "stock" pipe off a non-R/T.

 The rumble is partly due to that, but the engine makes a difference
 too. My father's 2000 Durango (with a 360) has a much nicer rumble than
 my '99 Dakota 318; we're both running the stock exhaust.

i just put a three inch gibson side exit on my 4.7(thanks steven at
smokindakota) and it growls pretty nice at idol and roars at WOT. seriously
sounds amazing. with the stock pipe my 00dak pulled very nice and consistent
from idle to redline. now it still pulls nice off idol but at 2400ish rpm it
surges ahead to redline at a frightening pace in first and second.
oh ya. it also likes to set off caralarms now.
derek