Re: 87-96 4x4 4.10 Ring & Pinion gears.

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 20:08:16 EDT

> I finally got tired of the parts counter at the dealer not being able to
get
> the rear 3.90 ring and pinion gears for my Dakota, so I called Randy's
Ring
> & Pinion today. They had the 3.90s in stock and show 4.10s arriving
shortly
> and the price was way cheaper than I was quoted at the dealer. I should
> have called them 2 months ago.
>
> Anyone with an 87-96 4x4 Dak and needs gears, I was told by allot of
places
> that the lowest gears available for the 7-1/4" front diff were 3.90s.
Bill
> at Randy's said 4.10s will be available within a couple of weeks. Said
they
> are currently waiting on a delivery from the manufacturer. I had them put
> set on order for me. Tom, I'll be ready for that Cape run soon!

This better not be a sick demented joke Walt!!!!! If not.........this is
awesome news. I called and emailed about 30 places within the last year, and
was also told by everyone the lowest gears available for the front were the
3.90s as well. I have read and heard alot of good things about Randy's R&P
in the 4WD magazines, so I can only assume he knows what he is talking
about.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6