MSD MPG Test; Part II

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:34:52 EDT

Well after Tom requested a second test, to verify the MPG gains I
experienced with the MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, I did a second test.

Test Mule: 1993 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 Regular Cab; 3.9L V6 with 3.55 gears;
126,500 miles

Freshly installed Borg Warner Select Brass Cap, Borg Warner Select Rotor, a
Autolite Copper plugs. When conducting part of the test with the MSD
Ignition unhooked, the plugs were gapped at .040; with the MSD Ignition
hooked up, the plugs were gapped at .050

*FIRST TEST:
-With MSD
Miles: 255.65
Gallons: 14.873
MPG: 17.188

-Without MSD
Miles: 237.15
Gallons: 15.855
MPG: 14.957

*SECOND TEST:
-With MSD
Miles: 266.1
Gallons: 16.93
MPG: 15.717

-Without MSD
Miles: 242.9
Gallons: 16.677
MPG: 14.571

On this second test, for both portions, I did tow a boat/trailer(3,500
pounds) for about 75 miles; so the numbers arent as high as the first test.
But they still showed an increase with the MSD Ignition hooked up. I wanted
to supply a link to my original post, but I cannot open the DML Archives.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6