Re: RE: Hey Bernd - Lifter question

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 17:15:53 EDT

I ordered them through my local Dodge dealer.

Yes, I installed them myself along with the Intake Manifold modifications
and injector replacement (all at the same time...saved time). Do it all at
once and it's only a weekend project at most.

One thing you can try first is to run 1qt of ATF through the engine (with
the rest regular oil). This is an old trick to clean up sticking lifters
and also removes gunk from the internals of the engine. (Only run it for
about 500 miles though.)

- Bernd