Re: Air cleaner assembly

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 08:11:26 EDT

At 12:20 AM 7/27/00 EDT, you wrote:
>Who makes a 14 inch air cleaner that fits under the hood and over my t-body
>of my 98 318? And what size filter can I go with 2,3, or 4 inch element?
>Josh

I was using the K&N 14 x 2.25 (model 1503 kit, I think) in my '97.
I have an underhood pad and, with the lid being a little dome-shaped,
it touched the pad a bit in a couple of places. BTW, the lid from
a Mr. Gasket kit is flatter than the K&N. If you bend the front
half of the base (put on a cement block and it bends quite easily)
so that it is about 1/8" above the A/C nut on top of the manifold
and use the Mr. Gasket lid, there is a K&N element that is 2.82"
(made for old Chevies) that will about the same fit as the 1503 kit.

Hope this helps.
Bob