Re: pics of my truck and suoercharger

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 21:57:36 EDT

A stock Dakota R/T will put right around 190 HP to the ground, depending on
if it is a RC or a CC (more distance in a CC for the HP to travel down the
driveshaft)
based on the few dyno sheets I have seen, and shows that have dynoed stock
R/Ts.That means that if you take the stock manufacturer's rating of 250HP,
that you are looking at about a 26% loss of HP in the tranny, driveline,
and associated friction.
If you apply that same percentage to this SC 4.7 (yes it is) then you get a
flywheel SAE Net HP rating of about 346 HP. That figure is right on the
money as far as most claims of increases of 50% or more. But the thing is,
after the SC, just how much more can you do ? After that, all mods will
only realize incremental increases in HP at best.

Not trying to discount the KB, hell, I wish I could afford one on an R/T,
or any vehicle for that matter, and yes, next to the R/T I used to have,
this truck should eat it's lunch, but it's just food for thought.

W. Jack Hilton III

Newnan , GA

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html