Re: MSD MPG Test; Part II

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 23:21:19 EDT

> you only get around 15 mpg, why is that- i get around 17 city and 21 hwy
> loaded or not- never figured mpg with trailer though, just wondering why
> there is such a huge difference in mpg for all magnum 6ers and 318's

I really really think my 15-17 I get around town is good for a 4WD truck. I
can tip the scale at 20 when I take a long drive on the highway. I do have a
front end Grill/Brush Guard loaded with two 6" Round Hella flood lights and
two Hella 5x7 fog lights........all which may not be that aerodynamic and
may cause gas mileage to suffer. I have a crossbed tool box loaded to the
top with about 250+ pounds of tools, recovery equipment, fluids, etc. The
added weight of the tool box, gear, and grill/brush guard may also hurt fuel
economy. I also think the 126,500 miles my truck has may eat gas a bit more
than other lower mileage trucks. When it comes down to it though, I love my
truck and really wouldnt stop driving it or get rid of it due to gas
mileage. I mean heck, a V6 4x4 truck requires a bit more 'oomph' to
accelerate and get going compared to a V8 4x4 truck which would be able to
accelerate 'easier'. Oh well, I still love my V6er and wouldnt trade it for
anything at this point. When the engine goes, I wont hesitate to bolt a new
remanufactured 3.9 V6.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6