Re: Got spanked

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 21:06:52 EDT

> > doing about 70 or so.... and blew right past a nice 99 or
> > 2K vette
> > that was near the top of the merge lane. I wasn't rude, I cleared
> > him by 4
> > or 5 lengths and was signalling the whole time.
> > When the freeway widened, the vette pulled up beside me. I saw him
> > in
> > peripheral vision but didn't hink anything of it.... then he would
> > surge
> > forward a bit and back off, surge and back until I finally looked
> > over.
> > The driver of the vette, once he had my attention, pointed to his
> > dash, then
> > to the road ahead and floored it. I don't know what this guy had in
> > there,
> > if it was stock or not, but he was gone.... flat out gone.
>
> > KNOWING there was no way for me to take this guy, I turned off the
> > OD and
> > punched it anyway. I got about 4 or 5 lengths on him before he
> > realized I
> > was going and caught me (easily). I looked over and him and he was
> > giving me
> > a thumbs up. I think he was impressed with what a little truck could
> > do....
> > of course, then he proceeded to blow my doors off... again.
> >
> > So I lost to a Vette but I think I got a little respect in the
> > bargain :-)

My son that lives in the Dallas Ft Worth area has a black y2k Vette 6 speed
and it is extremely fast even in stock form. He used to drive Trams Ams that
were highly modified and he says the Vette is faster. He now has a
supercharger and headers + catback and reprogrammed computer. He says it
will do 165 with lots of pedal to go. It would top out about 160 in stock
form. So don't feel bad about that spank, those cars are only for Vipers to
fool with.