Re: Re: Re: Hotchkis Suspsension Kit

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 00:42:30 EDT

Tools I'd have around.
-Torx bit set (as stated, t-55 for rear, t-45 for front calipers)
-Basic ratchet set with pliers and screw drivers.
-Ball joint seperator, or BIG HAMMER will do
-air compressor with air hammer (very optional, but it'll cut a LOT of time
off the install) just put a cutting bit on that air hammer. and hammer at
those rivets... they'll twist and break off (ear muffs recommended!)
-spare jacks
-impact guns REALLY help on those ball joints. if you can't twist it off
with a ratchet, it's pretty much no good, because it'll just free spin in
there...

Watch out if you're installing a hanger (front "shackle") on the rear of the
dakota, I had to cut my e-brake bracket, and reweld it (hehe, welder too!)
so the cables would work....

That's about it. Remember to securely jack the vehicle up on a level
surface. Get some new cotter pins and have about 4-5 hours ready for the
rear and about 2 hours for the front (that's what it took me with a little
below average mechanical skills)
-Dester