Catback or Muffler Change...

From: David Albrecht (patch@cdsinet.net)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 00:31:23 EDT

Ok...I'm new to the list and just bought a 2000 Dak 4x4 club cab. I started
making my poor boy intake and now am looking at either buying a catback
system or just replacing the stock 2.25 inch muffler with a Flowmaster or
some other free flowing muffler. The question is whether there is that much
of a difference in performance between the catback system or just replacing
the muffler? I'm sure that there is some but has anyone been through this
and noticed any difference? I had a Mac Exhaust catback on my mustang where
I went from 2.25 to 2.5" but noticed only a slight performance difference,
but a much more noticible sound difference which I really did like!
Anyway...this is a great list from what I have seen so far. Thanks...

David Albrecht
Central Missouri