what gear ratio do I have

From: Chapell, Ron (RChapell@rlps.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 10:31:58 EDT

I am wondering where I can find what gear ratio my dak has without tearing
into the housing or getting under the truck. if all else fails then I guess
I will have to. I have looked at the tag on the door jamb but I didn't see
anything there. would the vin number contain this information? if so where
do I have to go to decode it? I am aware of jacking up the rear end and
turning the drive shaft and counting the revolutions but I don't have access
to a jack right now and I am anxious to find out. TIA

chapell