Neither Spanked nor got spanked

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 18:22:28 EDT

Well, had a nice little race yesterday. Pull up to a stop light. On my
left is a blue Camero with a Monster tip going, has a nice rumble to it. He
revs his engine a little bit, and I get a grin on my face, rev my engine a
bit. Look to my right, 4 door sedan, don't think much about it, just
concentrated on the camero. Light turns green, all 3 of us go at it.
Immediatly, me and the car to my right are ahead, with the camero trailing
about 1/2 car length behind me. At 50mph (speed limit 45mph), the Camero
pulls back. The other car and I are still at it, nose to nose. He hits
high 2nd gear and pulls ahead a few inches, but that's it. Hit 70mph and I
pull back. Would ya guess it, we get another light, but with just me and
the other car side by side, Camero behind him. Sure enough, we go at it.
Again, up to 70mph nose to nose, he pulls ahead an inch or 2 as he hits high
in 2nd gear, I finally break it off at 70. I have to turn right, give him a
little flip of the headlights as I turn off. Think it may have been a
Saab, not too sure, thank goodness I didn't get too good of a look of his
back :-)

Anyway, right now only mods I have are a soft tonneau and a Quick-D intake.
I'd like to get a few more mods to help increase performance (but not lose
MPG). Would Gibson (or other) exhaust be the next item on the to-do list?
Pro's/con's? Would like to spend a couple hundred here and there on it, but
not like a SC or anything :-) I can do most basic work, but not a great
mechanic :-)

Thanks!
Ken Allgood
97 cc SLT 5.2L (Quick-D, Soft Tonneau, more to come!)