Introduction & misc...kinda long

From: IXLR8RT@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 20:12:17 EDT

Hello all,

I'm new to this group, I signed up a couple of weeks ago and have been
"lurking."

My name is Jeff, I work at a Chrysler/Plymouth dealership in Minnesota (Twin
Cities metro) in the parts department. Over the course of the last 6 months I
checked the archive's (what's wrong with them at this time?) for all the
information that I could find on Dakota's.
It made life so much easier for me in my purchase...thanks.

I bought a 2000 Dakota RC 2wd Sport model, 4.7 V8 with a 5spd and 3.55 gears.
It has air, tilt, cruise, and that's about it for extra's. The color is
Intense Blue.
I didn't get to order it, I had it dealer located. It was the only 2wd RC
with 4.7 & 5spd in the 5 state area. I got lucky, because it has everything
that I would have ordered, except for sure-grip rear.

The only modifications to date are, removed all decals for a "clean" look.
Removed the stock muffler and custom bent a pipe to replace it. Sounds like
it has glass-packs on it. I haven't decided which muffler to install, if any
yet.
This Thursday is our monthly shop night and I have a set of P255-60R-15"
tires that are like new that I'm mounting up on the stock wheels for the time
being.

To the person (sorry, I don't know who started the thread) who wanted to know
how to tell which gear ratio they have, look under the rear of your truck, my
2000 has a big tag wrapped around the left (drivers) side axle. Or check in
your glove box, if those methods fail, call a dealer with the last 9 of your
VIN and they can run it and tell everything about your truck, down to the
time of day it was finished.

If I can be of help to anyone trying to find parts, or information feel free
to e-mail me.

Later,
Jeff C.