Re: Backup Alert-Almost off topic

From: FalRan66@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 20:28:19 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/00 8:20:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com writes:

<<
>I'm having an argument with my son. Let's see how many people on the DML
>vote his way and how many vote my way. I have a Backup Alert light for
>Reverse which beeps when you put it in Reverse so that people can get out
>of
>my way. My son says it's embarrassing to have that going off. I say it's
>good safety precaution because kids get hit all the time by people backing
>up. I'm not saying the Alert is the only thing and I don't use it as an
>excuse for not looking as well. I'm just saying that if I can keep an
>absent-minded person from getting hurt it is worth it. Besides, I don't
>get
>embarrassed easily anyway. What do you all think?
>
>Thanks,
>Ron >>
I have that on my work van, what i did is put threw a switch on the back up
alert so i can turn it on and off , and i rigged it so if someone opens the
door it will go off too, cheap alarm.and i think your son doesnt have a
choice, its not his vehical is it?

    Joe
    92 5.2 3.55sg