Re[2]: Reverse lights WAS Backup Alert-Almost off topic

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 20:38:15 EDT

Andy, Installation of these things is a snap if ya' got the tow hitch. As I
recall you have one or are going to get one, yes? If so, they use straps (zip
tie type things) to hold the brackets in place. You can drill 'em if you want
to but mine haven't moved in over 15K miles. Finding the back-up light wires
to tap into was a breeze as well as the harness runs right above/behind where
the hitch goes. I wired it that way so I didn't need to worry about mounting a
switch in the cab as they go on automatically when I shift into reverse.

The only problem I've got is I need to upgrade to higher power lights. Mine
work fine out in the boondocks where there is no ambient light, but in the city
they just aren't powerful enough to illuminate the dark shadows left by
streetlights and such. I bought a low cost "generic" kit from Autozone or
Pepboys for like $15 and need to look into something better/more powerful.
Tom