Re: brake spindle

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 16:28:54 EDT

> My husband owns a 96 Dakota SLT 4x4. He recently did a brake job and
> discovered that the bolt hole where the caliper bolts onto the spindle(?)
is
> cracked clean through. Has anyone had this problem and since it is a brake
> componet/safety part was it part of any recall?

The only time I had a problem with the front spindle was when I discovered
the threaded hole on the spindle, which the caliper pin screws down into,
was either crossthreaded or the threads were majorly messed up and the
caliper pin wouldnt tighten at all, and really just slid in and out with
nothing to grab onto. This was wayyyyyyyy back at like 30,000 miles and was
promptly replaced under warranty. Since then, I have had zero problems.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6