portable 6GB mp3 player

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 08:27:20 EDT

Hey, I know some of you guys were working on installing an mp3 player in
your truck (ala http://www.empeg.com ) - I think Jon was one of 'em ;-)
btw, Kenwood makes an in-dash mp3 player now...

Well, I ran across this article yesterday:

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-2374345.html

It looks like a regular portable CD player, but holds 6GB worth of mp3's.
They say it'll hold 150 CDs worth, but they don't mention quality of those
150 CDs. I figure at CD quality, with 6GB, it might hold closer to 100 CDs.
Still, for 400 bucks, it sounds great to me! No more lugging around CDs and
I can just rip my favorite songs off my CDs. ;-)
Oh yeah, it's made by the Creative (the SoundBlaster guys). I just hope
that you can get a car kit with this thing..... then I can move it from the
Dak to my Wing, take it to the gym, etc....

Btw, I'm aware of the Mambox ( www.mambox.com ), but this sucker looks way
better!

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55