Muffler/Catback Questions

From: Alex Harris (aharris@signcast.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 19:03:54 EDT

OK, still planning mods here, and I have some muffler questions.

>From what I've read, the Flowmaster Delta-Flow 50 series sounds like the
muffler I'll get if I just choose to cut a muffler in to the stock pipe. But
they don't have a cat-back system for the V6 Daks, so if I wanted to go with
a dual outlet I'd have to get a muffler shop to put one together for me. Any
idea how much that should cost? Bernd, I think you're running this kind of
application, no?

However, the Gibson cat-back isn't that expensive ($279 single in/dual out).
I know a number of DML'ers are running the Gibson. What's the sound like on
that? Aggressive? Lots of resonance? Not looking for Street Thunder here...
ha ha ha!

And lastly, is a dual outlet really overkill on the 3.9L? I'd still like to
do it for appearance as well as performance, but I don't know if there'd
really be any performance benefit to the dual out.

Thanks in advance,

Alex Harris
00 RC SLT V6 5-Speed