Re: R/TTBPORTED

From: Mike Williams (evilrt@bignet.net)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 20:15:05 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "johnie bebad" <slpndragon@hotmail.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2000 7:29 PM
Subject: DML: R/TTBPORTED

> i have tb ported, 3"in3"out 2 chamber flowmaster.k&n airraid sytem, cool
air
> ducted to motor by the filter..my truck is 98r/t rc.have any idea what it
> should be putting out??mike what do u think?i will have the mp headers in
> about a week along w/the cat what brand cat do you suggest?

TB good.. I read an article a while ago with a SC'ed Rustang where they
gained 25 hp going from a chambered muffler to a straight threw so the
Flowmaster may not be the best choice. With the supercharger your airraid
system is up for sale. There is no room to duct cold air with the ATI
installation. The intercooler makes up for it though. I've done IAT
measurements and see as cool as intake temps at when I had a K&N Gen II.. My
guess would be somewhere around 350 RWHP, I'm being conservative because I
don't want you to buy it and wonder why you don't see 370 HP.., 98 and 99's
have smaller injectors and seem to make a little less power. I like the Mesa
Cat Check them out at www.mesaheaders.com . They are the only ones with
that have a high flow duel inlet cat that will work with your stock O2
configuration. Your exhaust has duel down pipes into a duel inlet cat. You
could switch over to the 2000 configuration and run a Y-pipe and single
inlet cat, then you could use any brand. But then you have to figure out
what to do with the extra O2's

Mike Williams
00 Blk RC - ProCharged