RE: Black Magic fan for sale

From: jbe@micron.net
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 22:14:15 EDT

Kevin before you sell the fan think about this:
the Black Magic can pull about 2800 CFM which should
be enough for the V-8 (stock fan only pulls about 600CFM at idle!!!)
However look at the size of the fan compared to the radiator.
The Black magic is much smaller than the radiator thus you are not
pulling air through those parts.

Is it possible to re-mount the stock radiator fan shroud
and then mount the electric fan right in the middle of the
shroud opening? This then would allow you to pull
air over the whole radiator. You would have to mount the
B.M. fan tight against the shroud opening to get a reasonable seal.
Although I am not sure how you would get the built in thermostat
to work again. Food for thought.

Jason