Re: 00 4.7L (Kind of Long)

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 23:42:02 EDT

Man, if they're giving you a new tranny. TAKE IT! make them give you a
rental tho. I believe dodge DOES suck with quality control.

Let's take for instance the "loose" upper and lower ball joints on some
dakotas, newer 4.7 tranny failures, bed pop noise due to bad bolts, bad
brakes (only a couple) pinging, timing chain, belly pan gaskets, etc....

oh well. Chris Lambert! Where are ya man? You gotta go to this guy's
dealership next time! They probably wouldn't have charged you for that
clutch
-Dester

<<I understand that these things
can happen. What I am writing for is to get some feed back to see if I
should take the replacement trannsmission if needed or if I should go
through the long drawn out arbtitration process. I am having a hard time
with the "seal" being broken on a just two week old truck.
Thanks for your time
Alan Finkeldey
00 4.7L
Connecticut>>