Re: Homebrew grill insert

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 00:29:07 EDT

Visit my page @
www.angelfire.com/ks2/Dester223/home.html

You can see where I installed my own custom grille.

materials:
sheets of expanded metal (whatever you want to use, I liked the diamonds on
the sheets I bought)

some tin snips, (or diagonal cutters) primer, spray paint, and clear coat if
you're that picky.

I'll hopefully have a digital camera soon so I can take pictures of where I
mounted the grille, but just look behind the stock grille, try to bend the
diamonds so where they'll hit those studs, and when you put the nut on, it
should hold it snug in place. It does take a while, but I prefer my home
brew over the street scene one because the street scene just doesn't look
right ot me. Mine sits flush with the back of the grille, and street
scene's grille seens all "bubbled" out
-Dester