Exhaust Question

From: Joseph W. Council (joseph_council@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 17:16:16 EDT

Ok Everyone, I need some help, although I am not a
mechanic, I have had a problem with my dak ever since
I bought it. The exhaust has be louder than what I
consider normal. I have a constant exhaust roar. I
do not have a flowmaster, I have a new aftermarket
muffler that I had put on because of this noise. I
have had my Dak in the shop in the past for several
other reasons and I asked them to look at the exhaust.
 They told me that it was normal. The owner of the
dealership I took it to said it was normal. I decided
to take a close look at the exhaust myself this
afternoon, I found what I considered a problem. On
the back of the Cat, I noticed that around the exhuast
pipe on the bottom that part of the weld was missing,
and part of the outer metal was a little cracked. Ok,
now here is the stupid question. Is this normal for a
Cat?

Joe C.
Smithfield, VA
'00 Pat Blue Dak SLT+ V6