RE: Exhaust Question

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 01:53:40 EDT

Joseph,

This actually happens more often than people think. Take your truck back to
the people that welded your aftermarket exhaust on. I assume the
aftermarket exhaust went from the cat back. They need to re-weld the cat to
the muffler. Sometimes this depends on the type of metal of the aftermarket
muffler as well. My cat-back system is a Borla system. It is stainless
steel from the cat all the way back. The people that installed it for me
made sure it was welded all the way back as well. Besides Borla
guaranteeing it for life so did the muffler shop that did the welds. If you
look underneath my truck it looks like a solid piece from the exhaust
manifold to the phantom tailpipe.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 3.55 LSD