fuel guage sparatics!

From: Shawn Sullivan (shelbydz87@ratedg.com)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 22:29:46 EDT

Hey guys,
In my Dakota, I have that fugly 5" fuel tank guage. When I have the car
running it jumps around a LOT!. I'm talking the needle will move like a
third of a tank. If the car is just ON, then it doesn't move. I don't
see any regular pattern to the moving of the needle (ie, thump of the
bass from the stereo of bumps in the road) it sounds like either a bad
connection to the guage or a faulty guage itself. If thats the case, I'd
like to replace it with one about 1/2 the size.
Could it be the sender unit in the tank?

HELP! Its really bugging me.

. . .Shawn

--
shelbydz87@ratedg.com