Re: Re: Oil Pressure Light

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 22:57:11 EDT

> Kyle
>
> How much of an effort is it to fix this if it is the problem. My brother
in
> law thinks it may be the bulb to the light or somehing related (cannot
> remember what he said).

I really think there is nothing to it. I think you will need a special
socket, similar to a O2 Sensor socket which has the split up the side for
the wiring. The socket is like $10 max. I would first check the wiring
connection on the oil pressure sending unit, and possibly even clean it out.
I remember a DMLer had this problem and the wiring connector was loose on
his. For him, this fixed his problem. A quick way to check to see if it is
the gauge or sender is to start the engine and disconnect the sender the
gauge should go to zero, then short the gauge to ground and it should go
full scale. When you connect it back up it
should be reading on scale. I think a new oil sending unit should cost no
more than $20. It should be located at the back of the engine, on the right
hand side, sort've between the distributor cap and the back of the engine.
Hope you figure it out! Hope this helps.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6