oil light flickers...

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 23:04:38 EDT

on my own and at a
> nearby oil change place and the fluid is full. Then the light did not
come
> on for the next 2 miles to work. I had no problems going home. An
> interesting note is that the truck stalled once a few weeks ago just
the
> one time.
>
> My first thought was the oil pump or the fact that maybe the truck was

> going to stall. I am running with 30 weight oil and it is very warm in
San
> Diego.
>
> Besides the oil pump wearing, what else could be the cause.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

-Uh, this happened to me on my '94 5.2L. I bought a sender, but screwed
in a pressure
gauge and checked the idle oil pressure when hot and it was like 7 psi.
Worst part is that the
spec. is only about 9 psi. After putting the new sender in and had no
change in the oil light
coming on at idle when warm, it went to 3 different dealers. 1st dealer
told me there was
nothing wrong. 2nd dealer said definitely had a bad oil pump and
replaced it. The next day
it was at the 3rd dealer who put a longblock in it. (Took my freakin'
Magnum cam with it,
I would never tell them it was in there so they could tell me my
warranty was voided...)
Good luck, man-
Patrick